(13-8, 5-5 away)
Notre Dame 65
(17-4, 14-2 home)
Venue: Joyce Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||M Yarou 20
||M Yarou 7
||R Arcidiacono 5
||C Biedscheid 18
||J Cooley 16
||J Grant 10
Villanova was edged by Notre Dame 65-60 in conference play on Wednesday, January 30th. The Wildcats got a good effort from Mouphtaou Yarou, who put up a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds. JayVaughn Pinkston had 11 points and added six rebounds. Jack Cooley registered a double-double for the Fighting Irish on 17 points and 16 rebounds. The next game will be on Sunday, February 3rd when Villanova (13-8, 4-4 Big East) hosts Providence (10-10, 2-6 Big East).
Villanova Game Notes
- Villanova started 13-8 during the 2007, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Villanova beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Villanova has lost 25 close games.
- Villanova has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- Villanova set season lows for steals and three-pointers.
- The Wildcats have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 8 games.
- Villanova has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 6th loss of the season where the Wildcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Darrun Hilliard has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Mouphtaou Yarou's career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- Notre Dame won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Fighting Irish won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Notre Dame has lost 18 close games.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Biedscheid and Jack Cooley) accounted for 53.8% of the points.
- Jack Cooley accounted for 50.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 21 games this season.
- This game was the 3rd double-digit assist game of Jerian Grant's career.
- Jerian Grant has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerian Grant recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Jerian Grant set career highs with 4 three-pointers, 10 assists, and 4 steals.
- Jack Cooley recorded the 29th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jack Cooley has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Jack Cooley recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 26th of his career.