(12-10, 5-3 away)
(1) Michigan 68
(20-1, 16-0 home)
Venue: Crisler Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, January 30, 2013
||A Olah 10
||J Swopshire 8
||D Sobolewski 3
||T Burke 18
||M McGary 11
||T Burke 8
Northwestern faced off with No. 1 Michigan on Wednesday, January 30th and was crushed by the Wolverines 68-46 in conference play. Northwestern dug a hole early, down 36-21 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The Wildcats now have a record of 2-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Wildcats were led by Jared Swopshire, who put up eight points and eight rebounds. Alex Marcotullio scored five points and added four rebounds. For the Wolverines, Trey Burke got a game-high 18 points and eight assists. Next up for Northwestern (11-10, 2-6 Big Ten) is Purdue (11-9, 4-3 Big Ten) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Northwestern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:00 left to go.
- The last time NU started the season 12-10 was 2005.
- Prior to this game, NU played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-37.
- The Wildcats have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 21.1% or worse.
- Northwestern has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after recording 29 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.0% or better this season, Northwestern has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Northwestern has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- NU set season lows for free throws made, steals, and three-pointers.
- Northwestern has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- The top two rebounders (Jared Swopshire and Reggie Hearn) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Jared Swopshire has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 22 games this season.
Michigan Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Trey Burke and Glenn Robinson III) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- Mitch McGary accounted for 35.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Nik Stauskas has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Glenn Robinson III has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Mitch McGary recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|B||G. Robinson III||34||13||2||0||0||0||0|
|B||Tim Hardaway Jr||36||7||2||3||1||0||0|