South Dakota vs. South Dakota State: Full Game Preview
|South Dakota||J Myles 16.0||T Gruis 6.2||J Myles 2.9|
|South Dakota State||N Wolters 21.0||J Dykstra 6.8||N Wolters 5.7|
On Thursday, South Dakota State hosts South Dakota at Frost Arena. It gets started at 8:05 EST and you can see it on Midco Sports Net. The Jackrabbits fell to the Coyotes 74-71 on January 5th and are 1-2 against them over the last four years.
South Dakota State is 2nd in the Summit League and South Dakota is in 5th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In a 69-53 dismantling of North Dakota State on January 26th, Nate Wolters put up 26 points and 7 rebounds for the Jackrabbits. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (21.0), assists (5.7), and steals (1.7). For the Coyotes, Brandon Bos finished with 16 points and 8 rebounds in the 95-90 loss to Nebraska-Omaha on January 24th. He contributes 3.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.5 points per game. A key area of strength for South Dakota is turnover percentage at 18.1, which ranks 2nd in their conference (and 56th nationally).
South Dakota StatSmack
- The South Dakota State scoring leader (Nate Wolters) has more points than the South Dakota scoring leader (Juevol Myles).
- The South Dakota State rebounding leader (Jordan Dykstra) has more rebounds than the South Dakota rebounding leader (Trevor Gruis).
- South Dakota State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on South Dakota State is 212 lbs compared to 192 lbs for South Dakota.
- The South Dakota State steals leader (Nate Wolters) has more steals than the South Dakota steals leader (Juevol Myles).
- Tony Fiegen is ranked 9th in the Summit League in rebounds.
- South Dakota State has a better conference record than South Dakota this season (7-2 vs 4-5).
- Better not leave your building. South Dakota State has a better record on the road than South Dakota this season (5-6 vs 2-7).
- South Dakota State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on South Dakota State is 77.6 inches compared to 75.9 inches for South Dakota.
- We make our fans proud. South Dakota State has a better record at home than South Dakota this season (9-0 vs 5-5).
- South Dakota State players are more experienced than South Dakota players (14,646 minutes played vs 8,962 minutes played).
- South Dakota State has a better scoring defense (65.9 allowed per game vs 76.1 allowed per game) than South Dakota this season.