Arizona vs. Washington: Full Game Preview
|Arizona||M Lyons 14.9||B Ashley 5.8||M Lyons 3.1|
|Washington||C Wilcox 19.0||A N`Diaye 9.2||A Gaddy 3.5|
Washington hosts No. 8 Arizona at Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion on Thursday. It takes place at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN/ESPN2. The Huskies are 6-3 against the Wildcats over the last four years. The last time they met (2/18/2012) they won 79-70.
Washington is in 5th place in the conference and just behind 3rd place Arizona with a chance to close in.
In spite of 15 points from Andrew Andrews, the Huskies came up short 81-76 against Oregon on January 26th. He is averaging 8.2 points and 2.7 assists per game. For the Wildcats, Solomon Hill finished with 13 points and 5 rebounds in the 74-50 blowout of USC on January 26th. He contributes 5.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 13.5 points per game. Areas of strength for Arizona include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.9 and effective field goal percentage at 52.3.
- The Washington blocks leader (C.J Wilcox) has more blocks than the Arizona blocks leader (Brandon Ashley).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Washington has a stronger schedule than Arizona this season (SOS Rank: #40 vs #87).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Washington currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (979 to 975) than Arizona, per the NCAA.
- Desmond Simmons is ranked 8th in the Pac 12 in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. Washington has an average margin of victory of 7 over Arizona in 26 wins since 1980.
- The Washington assist leader (Abdul Gaddy) has more assists than the Arizona assist leader (Mark Lyons).
- The Washington three-point leader (C.J Wilcox) has more three-pointers than the Arizona three-point leader (Mark Lyons).
- The Washington rebounding leader (Aziz N`Diaye) has more rebounds than the Arizona rebounding leader (Brandon Ashley).
- You get an A for effort, but Washington has emerged victorious against Arizona the last 3 times they've played.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Washington has come back to win after being down at half against Arizona 8 times since 2003.
|C-||Shawn Kemp Jr||13||4||2||0||0||1||1|