|Illinois||B Paul 17.9||N Egwu 4.9||T Abrams 3.2|
|Michigan State||K Appling 13.5||A Payne 6.9||K Appling 4.1|
On Thursday, Illinois visits Breslin Center to take on No. 13 Michigan State. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN/2. The Fighting Illini are 3-4 against the Spartans over the last four years. They won 42-41 on 1/31/2012 the last time they played.
Michigan State maintains 3rd place in the Big Ten while Illinois sits at 9th place.
In their last outing, despite 15 points from Brandon Paul, the Fighting Illini fell to Michigan 74-60 on January 27th. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 17.9 points per contest. For the Spartans, Gary Harris finished with 21 points in the 75-70 loss to Indiana on January 27th. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.7 points per game.
Michigan State StatSmack
- The Illinois basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Michigan State (100% vs 50%).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Illinois has had more players drafted by the NBA than Michigan State (6 vs 5).
- Illinois players are more experienced than Michigan State players (15,347 minutes played vs 10,152 minutes played).
- The Illinois scoring leader (Brandon Paul) has more points than the Michigan State scoring leader (Keith Appling).
- Nnanna Egwu is ranked 4th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Illinois has an average margin of victory of 10 over Michigan State in 33 wins since 1980.
- Illinois has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (68.57% to 68.00%).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Illinois has a stronger schedule than Michigan State this season (SOS Rank: #12 vs #19).
- Illinois has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Michigan State (#39 vs #71).
- Tracy Abrams is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Illinois beat Michigan State by 1 point the last time they played (Jan 31, 2012).