|Connecticut||S Napier 16.7||D Daniels 4.6||R Boatright 4.6|
|Providence||B Cotton 21.7||L Henton 8.0||V Council 6.7|
Connecticut heads to Dunkin' Donuts Center on Thursday to take on Providence. The game tips off at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN/ESPN2. The Huskies are 2-2 against the Friars over the last four years. They fell 72-70 on 2/28/2012, the last time they met.
Providence is in 13th place in the conference and Connecticut is in 10th place.
In their last match-up, Shabazz Napier finished with 19 points and 5 rebounds in the Huskies 66-54 victory over Rutgers on January 27th. He paces the team in points per game with 16.7, and steals per game with 1.9. For the Friars, Bryce Cotton finished with 19 points in the 81-71 loss to Marquette on January 26th. He leads the team with 21.7 points per game.
- The Connecticut blocks leader (DeAndre Daniels) has more blocks than the Providence blocks leader (Brice Kofane).
- The Connecticut steals leader (Shabazz Napier) has more steals than the Providence steals leader (LaDontae Henton).
- Connecticut has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Providence (3 vs 0).
- The Connecticut assist leader (Ryan Boatright) has more assists than the Providence assist leader (Vincent Council).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Connecticut has had more players drafted by the NBA than Providence (14 vs 4).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Connecticut has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Providence (21 vs 2).
- AP voters think more highly of Connecticut and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Providence (156 vs 14).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Connecticut has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Providence (10 vs 4).
- Connecticut has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Providence ($38,462 vs $51,895).
- Connecticut has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Providence (#62 vs #137).