|Connecticut||S Napier 16.7||D Daniels 4.6||R Boatright 4.6|
|Providence||B Cotton 21.7||L Henton 8.0||V Council 6.7|
Providence plays host to Connecticut at Dunkin' Donuts Center on Thursday. The game tips off at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN/ESPN2. The Friars are 2-2 against the Huskies over the last four years. The last time they met (2/28/2012) they won 72-70.
Providence is 13th in the Big East and Connecticut is in 10th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Friars were defeated by Marquette 81-71 on January 26th despite 19 points from Bryce Cotton. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 21.7 points per contest. For the Huskies, Shabazz Napier finished with 19 points and 5 rebounds in the 66-54 win over Rutgers on January 27th. With 16.7 points per game and 1.9 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Providence beat Connecticut by 2 points the last time they played (Feb 28, 2012).
- Providence has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Connecticut according to Kiplinger (84.4% vs 61%).
- Kadeem Batts is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. Providence has an average margin of victory of 7 over Connecticut in 23 wins since 1980.
- LaDontae Henton is ranked 3rd in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Providence scoring leader (Bryce Cotton) has more points than the Connecticut scoring leader (Shabazz Napier).
- The Providence three-point leader (Bryce Cotton) has more three-pointers than the Connecticut three-point leader (Shabazz Napier).
- Bryce Cotton is ranked 19th nationally in points and 14th nationally in three-pointers.
- The Providence rebounding leader (LaDontae Henton) has more rebounds than the Connecticut rebounding leader (DeAndre Daniels).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Providence currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (925 to 889) than Connecticut, per the NCAA.
- Providence is better at defending the three (28.1% allowed vs 31.7% allowed) than Connecticut this season.