|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.5||C Posthumus 6.9||D Atkinson 5.4|
|Belmont||I Clark 19.2||T Noack 5.8||K Johnson 4.9|
Morehead State travels to Curb Event Center on Thursday to take on Belmont. It starts at 8:00 EST. The Eagles lost to the Bruins 64-63 on January 24th.
Belmont is in 1st place in the conference and Morehead State is in 5th place.
In their last match-up, Angelo Warner finished with 24 points and 6 rebounds in the Eagles 78-69 victory over Tennessee State on January 26th. On top of a team-high 1.8 steals per game, he also scores 10.1 points per game. In an 85-74 victory over Eastern Kentucky on January 26th, J.J. Mann put up 18 points and 6 assists for the Bruins. He averages 8.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.8 steals per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Belmont is strong in effective field goal percentage at 57.0. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 3rd in the nation.
- Morehead isn't as congested as Nashville (population is significantly lower).
- Morehead State can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.5 per game vs 33.5 per game) than Belmont this season.
- Morehead State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Morehead State is 208 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Belmont.
- The Morehead State rebounding leader (Chad Posthumus) has more rebounds than the Belmont rebounding leader (Trevor Noack).
- The Morehead State assist leader (Devon Atkinson) has more assists than the Belmont assist leader (Kerron Johnson).
- Devon Atkinson is ranked 24th nationally in assists.
- Chad Posthumus is ranked 7th in the Ohio Valley in rebounds and 9th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morehead State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 1000) than Belmont, per the NCAA.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Morehead State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Belmont (2 vs 0).