|Samford||T Williams 14.6||T Williams 7.3||R Kelly 4.1|
|Davidson||D Brooks 13.7||D Brooks 6.6||N Cochran 3.3|
Davidson welcomes Samford to Belk Arena on Thursday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Wildcats are 5-1 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. They won 81-54 on 2/15/2012 the last time they played.
Samford and Davidson are packed together in the SoCon, holding down 3rd and 1st place, respectively.
The 17 points by Jake Cohen helped the Wildcats to a 79-56 cakewalk over Appalachian State on January 26th. In addition to a team-leading 1.7 blocks per game, he chips in 13.5 points per game. The Bulldogs were defeated by North Carolina-Greensboro 66-64 on January 24th despite 19 points and 9 rebounds from Tim Williams. He leads the team in points with 14.6 per game, rebounds with 7.3 per game, and steals with 1.4 per game.
Digging into season numbers, Davidson has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Wildcats have an edge over the Bulldogs, 72 points per game to 61 points per game.
- Davidson embarrassed Samford by 27 points the last time they played (Feb 15, 2012).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Davidson has had more players drafted by the NBA than Samford (1 vs 0).
- Davidson is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Davidson is 205 lbs compared to 190 lbs for Samford.
- At least you keep showing up. Davidson has an average margin of victory of 14 over Samford in 7 wins since 1991.
- People just expect us to beat you. Davidson has been the favorite 6 out of the last 6 times.
- The Davidson blocks leader (Jake Cohen) has more blocks than the Samford blocks leader (Tim Williams).
- Davidson has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (65.13% to 39.58%).
- Jake Cohen is ranked 2nd in SoCon in blocks.
- How does our back look? Davidson is ranked higher than Samford in SoCon (#1 vs #3).
- Davidson has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (26% vs 84%).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Davidson has a stronger schedule than Samford this season (SOS Rank: #213 vs #308).
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||27||10||4||1||1||1||1|
|D||Mason Archie II||2||1||0||0||0||0||1|