|Troy||E Jones 11.2||R Chambers 6.0||H Williams 3.5|
|Western Kentucky||J Crook 14.5||B Harris 6.5||J Crook 4.5|
Western Kentucky plays host to Troy at E.A. Diddle Arena on Thursday. It gets started at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on HSSN/ESPN3.com. The Hilltoppers defeated the Trojans 75-71 on December 1st and are 4-6 against them over the past four years.
Western Kentucky is in 6th place in the Sun Belt and needs to hold off Troy who sit just south in 8th place.
The Hilltoppers were defeated by Middle Tennessee State 72-53 on January 26th despite 14 points from Kevin Kaspar. While contributing 2.6 rebounds per game, he also scores 6.4 points per game. In a 71-64 victory over Louisiana-Monroe on January 26th, Hunter Williams put up 15 points for the Trojans. He is averaging 9.3 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.5 per game. Troy ranks 1st in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.0, which also places them 20th in the country.
- Even computers respect Western Kentucky more. We have a better RPI this season than Troy (RPI: #84 vs #317).
- Brandon Harris is ranked 6th in the Sun Belt in rebounds.
- Western Kentucky players are more experienced than Troy players (10,054 minutes played vs 5,526 minutes played).
- Western Kentucky can actually jump, with more rebounds (38.8 per game vs 33.2 per game) than Troy this season.
- Jamal Crook is ranked 10th in the Sun Belt in points, 3rd in the Sun Belt in assists, and 6th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- It's only wins and losses, but Western Kentucky has a better overall record than Troy this season (10-5 vs 5-9).
- Western Kentucky has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.644 to 0.477).
- The Western Kentucky assist leader (Jamal Crook) has more assists than the Troy assist leader (Antoine Myers).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Western Kentucky has a stronger schedule than Troy this season (SOS Rank: #134 vs #332).
- George Fant is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in rebounds and 10th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
- Boom! Western Kentucky defeated Troy by 4 points the last time they played (Dec 01, 2012).