Arizona State vs. Washington State: Full Game Preview
|Arizona State||J Carson 17.3||C Felix 8.2||J Carson 5.3|
|Washington State||B Motum 18.9||B Motum 6.6||R Woolridge 2.6|
On Thursday, Washington State hosts Arizona State at Beasley Coliseum. Tip-off is at 11:00 EST and you can see it on Pac-12 Network. The Cougars are 4-4 against the Sun Devils over the last four years. The last time they met (2/18/2012) they won 72-50.
Washington State is 10th in the conference and Arizona State is 3rd. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In a 71-68 triumph over Oregon State on January 26th, Mike Ladd put up 23 points and 6 rebounds for the Cougars. In addition to his 11.8 points per game, he is also chipping in 6.0 rebounds per game. For the Sun Devils, Jordan Bachynski finished with 22 points and 15 rebounds in the 78-60 blowout of UCLA on January 26th. He is averaging 10.5 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 4.3 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Arizona State is strong in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 52.3 and turnover percentage at 18.3.
Arizona State StatSmack
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Washington State has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Arizona State this season (Projected SOS Rank: #75 vs #96).
- It must sting. Washington State has blown out Arizona State by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2000.
- Washington State is better under pressure, and has defeated Arizona State in 6 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Brock Motum is ranked 40th nationally in points.
- Washington State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (55.81% to 50.83%).
- At least you keep showing up. Washington State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Arizona State in 32 wins since 1980.
- We just win. Washington State has more wins over the last 5 years than Arizona State (111 vs 106).
- Washington State embarrassed Arizona State by 22 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Washington State has come back to win after being down at half against Arizona State 7 times since 1996.