Butler vs. Saint Louis: Full Game Preview
|Butler||R Clarke 16.7||R Jones 5.5||R Jones 3.6|
|Saint Louis||C Ellis 11.2||D Evans 6.6||K Mitchell 3.9|
No. 9 Butler heads to Chaifetz Arena on Thursday to take on Saint Louis. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Bulldogs have not played the Billikens since the 2003-04 season, when they lost 72-54.
Butler is 1st in the conference and Saint Louis is 7th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In an 83-71 triumph over Temple on January 26th, Rotnei Clarke put up 24 points and 9 assists for the Bulldogs. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 16.7 points per contest. For the Billikens, Dwayne Evans finished with 18 points and 8 rebounds in the 67-57 win over St. Bonaventure on January 26th. He is averaging 10.7 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.6 per game. The Four Factors in which Saint Louis stands out are defensive rebounding percentage at 72.9 and free throw rate at 43.1.
Saint Louis StatSmack
- Butler takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Saint Louis (6 vs 1).
- Butler has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Saint Louis (2 vs 0).
- Even computers respect Butler more. We have a better RPI this season than Saint Louis (RPI: #10 vs #67).
- The Butler basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Saint Louis (83% vs 67%).
- We win when it counts, too. Butler has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Saint Louis (15 vs 1).
- The Butler scoring leader (Rotnei Clarke) has more points than the Saint Louis scoring leader (Cody Ellis).
- Butler can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.4 per game vs 31.9 per game) than Saint Louis this season.
- Roosevelt Jones is ranked 8th in the A-10 in assists.
- Butler has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Saint Louis (#110 vs #147).
- Butler has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Saint Louis ($41,438 vs $43,551).
|B-||Mike McCall Jr||31||11||3||3||1||0||2|