|Brigham Young||T Haws 20.5||B Davies 7.4||M Carlino 4.4|
|Pepperdine||L Jackson 14.4||S Davis 7.0||C Willis 4.7|
Brigham Young travels to Firestone Fieldhouse on Thursday to take on Pepperdine. The game gets underway at 10:00 EST and you can catch it on TWC. The Cougars beat the Waves 76-51 on January 10th and are 4-0 against them over the last four years.
Brigham Young is currently in 3rd place in the West Coast and Pepperdine is in 6th.
In an 85-67 dismantling of Portland on January 26th, Matt Carlino put up 24 points and 6 assists for the Cougars. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 4.4 assists per game and 2.0 steals per game. For the Waves, Jordan Baker finished with 20 points and 5 rebounds in the 84-72 loss to Saint Mary's on January 26th. He is averaging 11.8 points and 4.9 rebounds per game.
Brigham Young appears to have a key statistical advantage over Pepperdine in one area, scoring, where the Cougars have an edge over the Waves, 77 points per game to 63 points per game.
- Tyler Haws is ranked 6th nationally in points.
- Brigham Young is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Brigham Young is 78.2 inches compared to 76.8 inches for Pepperdine.
- Be afraid. Brigham Young has blown out more teams than Pepperdine this season (6 blowouts vs 1).
- The Brigham Young blocks leader (Brandon Davies) has more blocks than the Pepperdine blocks leader (Moriba De Freitas).
- Brandon Davies is ranked 18th nationally in points, 4th in the West Coast in rebounds, 8th in the West Coast in steals, and 5th in the West Coast in blocks.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Brigham Young has a stronger schedule than Pepperdine this season (SOS Rank: #65 vs #184).
- Brigham Young can actually jump, with more rebounds (39.5 per game vs 34.6 per game) than Pepperdine this season.
- AP voters think more highly of Brigham Young and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Pepperdine (65 vs 0).
- Brigham Young has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Pepperdine (#36 vs #103).
- Brigham Young players are more experienced than Pepperdine players (11,171 minutes played vs 9,212 minutes played).
- Brigham Young has more Top 50 Director's Cup finishes than Pepperdine (18 vs 4)
|C-||M. De Freitas||18||3||5||1||0||1||1|