|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.5||C Posthumus 6.9||D Atkinson 5.4|
|Belmont||I Clark 19.2||T Noack 5.8||K Johnson 4.9|
On Thursday, Belmont welcomes Morehead State at Curb Event Center. It gets started at 8:00 EST. The Bruins beat the Eagles 64-63 on January 24th.
Belmont is in 1st place in the conference, Morehead State is in 5th place.
The Bruins got past Eastern Kentucky 85-74 on January 26th with the help of 21 points from Ian Clark. His 19.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team. In a 78-69 victory over Tennessee State on January 26th, Angelo Warner put up 24 points and 6 rebounds for the Eagles. He averages 10.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.8 steals per game. One category in which Morehead State is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 38.8, ranking 1st in their conference (and 19th nationally).
Morehead State StatSmack
- J.J. Mann is ranked 2nd in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Belmont has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (69.01% to 51.32%).
- It's only wins and losses, but Belmont has a better overall record than Morehead State this season (17-4 vs 11-11).
- Boom! Belmont defeated Morehead State by 1 point the last time they played (Jan 24, 2013).
- Blake Jenkins is ranked 6th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.
- The Belmont basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Morehead State (100% vs 43%).
- Better not leave your building. Belmont has a better record on the road than Morehead State this season (7-2 vs 2-8).
- Belmont players are more experienced than Morehead State players (14,207 minutes played vs 9,076 minutes played).
- The Belmont three-point leader (Ian Clark) has more three-pointers than the Morehead State three-point leader (Milton Chavis).
- Ian Clark is ranked 14th nationally in points, 7th nationally in three-pointers, and 8th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- The Belmont scoring leader (Ian Clark) has more points than the Morehead State scoring leader (Milton Chavis).