Arkansas vs. Alabama: Full Game Preview
|Arkansas||B Young 16.4||M Powell 5.8||B Young 4.1|
|Alabama||T Releford 16.1||R Cooper 4.2||T Lacey 3.6|
Arkansas heads to Coleman Coliseum on Thursday to take on Alabama. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN or ESPN 2. The Razorbacks are 3-5 against the Crimson Tide over the last four years. They fell 79-68 on 2/23/2012, the last time they met.
Arkansas is in 6th place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with 4th place Alabama.
The Razorbacks fell 75-54 to South Carolina on January 26th. Marshawn Powell finished with 22 points and 13 rebounds in the loss. In addition to a team-leading 5.8 rebounds per game, he chips in 15.7 points per game. For the Crimson Tide, Trevor Releford put up 18 points and 5 steals in the 54-53 loss to Tennessee on January 26th. With 16.1 points per game and 2.0 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Arkansas players are more experienced than Alabama players (10,950 minutes played vs 10,619 minutes played).
- The Arkansas assist leader (B.J. Young) has more assists than the Alabama assist leader (Trevor Lacey).
- The Arkansas rebounding leader (Marshawn Powell) has more rebounds than the Alabama rebounding leader (Moussa Gueye).
- Arkansas has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Alabama ($25,204 vs $29,814).
- B.J. Young is ranked 7th in the SEC in points and 5th in the SEC in assists.
- Arkansas can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.1 per game vs 31.6 per game) than Alabama this season.
- It must sting. Arkansas has blown out Alabama by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 1996.
- Mardracus Wade is ranked 7th in the SEC in steals.
- Hunter Mickelson is ranked 6th in the SEC in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Arkansas has an average margin of victory of 11 over Alabama in 23 wins since 1986.