USC vs. UCLA: Full Game Preview
|USC||E Wise 12.5||D Dedmon 7.0||J Fontan 4.7|
|UCLA||S Muhammad 18.2||K Anderson 9.1||L Drew II 8.0|
USC heads to Pauley Pavilion on Wednesday to take on UCLA. It takes place at 10:00 EST and you can catch it on Pac-12 Network. The Trojans are 4-6 against the Bruins over the last four years. They fell 55-40 on 3/7/2012, the last time they met.
USC is 9th in the conference and UCLA is 2nd. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last outing, despite 9 points from Jio Fontan, the Trojans fell to Arizona 74-50 on January 26th. In addition to a team-leading 4.7 assists per game, he chips in 9.2 points per game. The Bruins were defeated by Arizona State 78-60 on January 26th despite 19 points and 6 rebounds from Jordan Adams. He contributes 4.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 15.3 points per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, UCLA has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Bruins have the upper hand over the Trojans, 77 points per game to 65 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, UCLA is strong in turnover percentage at 15.8. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 6th in the nation.
- The USC blocks leader (Dewayne Dedmon) has more blocks than the UCLA blocks leader (Travis Wear).
- JT Terrell is ranked 7th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- Dewayne Dedmon is ranked 4th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- Omar Oraby is ranked 6th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- Jio Fontan is ranked 46th nationally in assists.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. USC has a stronger schedule than UCLA this season (SOS Rank: #18 vs #85).
- USC players are more experienced than UCLA players (15,351 minutes played vs 10,171 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? USC currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 942) than UCLA, per the NCAA.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. USC has come back to win after being down at half against UCLA 4 times since 2002.
|B||Larry Drew II||35||6||3||8||1||0||2|