|Maryland||A Len 13.2||A Len 8.3||P Howard 4.5|
|Florida State||M Snaer 13.9||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
On Wednesday, Maryland heads to Donald L. Tucker Center to take on Florida State. Tip-off occurs at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Terrapins lost to the Seminoles 65-62 on January 9th and are 3-3 against them over the last four years.
Florida State and Maryland are close together in the conference, holding down the 5th and 7th spots, respectively.
In their last game, Dezmine Wells put up 13 points and 8 rebounds in the Terrapins 84-64 loss to Duke on January 26th. He leads the team in steals per game with 0.9 while also putting up 11.9 points per game. The Seminoles were defeated by Miami (FL) 71-47 on January 27th despite 12 points from Ian Miller. He is averaging 6.0 points and 1.9 assists per game.
Florida State StatSmack
- Diaper Dandies love us. Maryland has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Florida State (14 vs 10).
- The Maryland assist leader (Pe`Shon Howard) has more assists than the Florida State assist leader (Michael Snaer).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Maryland has come back to win after being down at half against Florida State 4 times since 1997.
- Maryland has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Florida State (#6 vs #39).
- Maryland has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (66.77% to 54.75%).
- Be afraid. Maryland has blown out more teams than Florida State this season (6 blowouts vs 2).
- Even computers respect Maryland more. We have a better RPI this season than Florida State (RPI: #65 vs #69).
- It must sting. Maryland has blown out Florida State by 20 points or more on 10 occasions since 1998.
- Maryland can actually jump, with more rebounds (43.0 per game vs 33.1 per game) than Florida State this season.
- Pe`Shon Howard is ranked 3rd in the ACC in assists.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||21||7||1||1||1||0||0|