|Auburn||F Sullivan 16.9||R Chubb 7.9||J Wallace 3.5|
|Georgia||K Caldwell-Pope 17.3||K Caldwell-Pope 6.4||C Mann 2.7|
On Wednesday, Georgia hosts Auburn at Stegeman Coliseum. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on CSS. The Bulldogs are 2-3 against the Tigers over the last four years. They lost 59-51 the last time they played (2/1/2012).
Both teams share 7th place in the conference.
In a 59-52 triumph over Texas A&M on January 26th, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope put up 22 points and 9 rebounds for the Bulldogs. He leads the team in points with 17.3 per game, rebounds with 6.4 per game, and steals with 2.4 per game. For the Tigers, Shaquille Johnson finished with 9 points and 7 rebounds in the 63-61 loss to Ole Miss on January 26th. He contributes 3.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.8 points per game.
- AP voters think more highly of Georgia and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Auburn (16 vs 3).
- At least you keep showing up. Georgia has an average margin of victory of 9 over Auburn in 28 wins since 1980.
- Georgia has more Top 10 Director's Cup finishes than Auburn (8 vs 0)
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Georgia has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Auburn (3 vs 2).
- Georgia has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Auburn (#8 vs #96).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Georgia has had more players drafted by the NBA than Auburn (4 vs 0).
- Georgia is better under pressure, and has defeated Auburn in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Georgia scoring leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope) has more points than the Auburn scoring leader (Frankie Sullivan).
- Even computers respect Georgia more. We have a better RPI this season than Auburn (RPI: #141 vs #216).
- The Georgia steals leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope) has more steals than the Auburn steals leader (Josh Wallace).
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is ranked 2nd in the SEC in points, 3rd in the SEC in three-pointers, and 21st nationally in steals.
|D||Brian Greene Jr||13||3||1||1||1||0||1|