Richmond vs. Temple: Full Game Preview
|Richmond||D Brothers 15.9||D Williams 6.8||C Lindsay 3.3|
|Temple||K Wyatt 17.7||A Lee 7.4||K Wyatt 4.0|
On Wednesday, Temple plays host to Richmond at Liacouras Center. It gets started at 7:00 EST. The Owls are 3-3 against the Spiders over the last four years. They lost 76-65 the last time they played (1/14/2012).
Temple is in 10th place in the A-10 and trying to catch Richmond who holds down 9th place.
The Owls were defeated by Butler 83-71 on January 26th despite 22 points and 6 assists from Khalif Wyatt. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 17.7 points per game and 4.0 assists per game. For the Spiders, Greg Robbins put up 10 points and 6 assists in the 70-65 loss to Massachusetts on January 27th. He contributes 3.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.9 points per game. Richmond ranks 2nd in their conference in effective field goal percentage at 52.8, which also places them 37th in the country.
- AP voters think more highly of Temple and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Richmond (28 vs 3).
- It's only wins and losses, but Temple has a better overall record than Richmond this season (10-2 vs 9-5).
- At least you keep showing up. Temple has an average margin of victory of 16 over Richmond in 9 wins since 1987.
- It must sting. Temple has blown out Richmond by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2005.
- Temple is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Temple is 211 lbs compared to 201 lbs for Richmond.
- People just expect us to beat you. Temple has been the favorite 12 out of the last 15 times.
- Even computers respect Temple more. We have a better RPI this season than Richmond (RPI: #34 vs #134).
- Temple has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.755 to 0.649).
- Temple can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.3 per game vs 30.4 per game) than Richmond this season.
- Temple is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Temple is 77.5 inches compared to 75.5 inches for Richmond.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Temple has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Richmond (5 vs 1).