On Tuesday, January 29th, Nevada was edged by UNLV 66-54 in conference play. The Wolf Pack got 14 points and seven assists from Deonte Burton. Jerry Evans Jr had a game-high 14 points and added nine rebounds. Khem Birch got a team-high 14 points and seven rebounds for the Rebels. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Nevada (11-9, 2-4 MWC) goes to 20th-ranked New Mexico (17-3, 4-1 MWC).
Nevada Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- Nevada beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Wolf Pack have beaten the spread.
- Nevada has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Wolf Pack have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0% or worse.
- Nevada set a season low for rebounds.
- The Wolf Pack have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jerry Evans Jr and Deonte Burton) accounted for 51.8% of the points.
- Jerry Evans Jr accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Jerry Evans Jr has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Deonte Burton has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerry Evans Jr has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Devonte Elliott.
UNLV Game Notes
- UNLV won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Khem Birch and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 40.9% of the points.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 21 games this season.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones set a career high with 8 rebounds.