(11-9, 2-6 away)
(17-4, 13-1 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 29, 2013
||D Burton 14
||J Evans Jr 9
||D Burton 7
||K Birch 14
||A Bennett 9
||A Marshall 6
On Tuesday, January 29th, UNLV took on Nevada and came out on top against the Wolf Pack 66-54 in conference play. Khem Birch had a big game for the Rebels and put up a team-high 14 points plus seven rebounds. Bryce Dejean-Jones had 11 points and added eight rebounds. Deonte Burton finished with 14 points and seven assists for the Wolf Pack. This makes three wins in a row for the Rebels. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when UNLV (17-4, 4-2 MWC) heads to Boise State (14-5, 2-3 MWC).
UNLV Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- UNLV started 17-4 during the 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The Rebels have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 44 or more rebounds.
- UNLV has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- UNLV has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- UNLV has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.0% field goal percentage.
- This season UNLV has won 88% of the time (14-2) when Anthony Bennett has 13 points or more, 80% of the time (8-2) when Bryce Dejean-Jones has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Khem Birch has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Rebels have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 8 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UNLV has a 18.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Khem Birch and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 40.9% of the points.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 21 games this season.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones had a career high with 8 rebounds.
Nevada Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jerry Evans Jr and Deonte Burton) accounted for 51.8% of the points.
- Jerry Evans Jr accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Jerry Evans Jr has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Deonte Burton has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerry Evans Jr has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Devonte Elliott.
|A||Jerry Evans Jr||35||14||9||0||2||0||2|