|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.4||M Ejim 9.5||K Lucious 5.5|
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 14.9||P Jurick 7.4||M Smart 4.5|
On Wednesday, Oklahoma State plays host to Iowa State at Gallagher-Iba Arena. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST and you can see it on Big 12 Network. The Cowboys are 5-1 against the Cyclones over the last four years. They won 69-67 on 2/7/2012 the last time they played.
Oklahoma State is currently in 6th place in the conference and Iowa State is in 3rd.
In an 80-66 triumph over West Virginia on January 26th, Phil Forte put up 26 points for the Cowboys. He is averaging 11.6 points and 1.3 rebounds per game. For the Cyclones, Will Clyburn put up 24 points and 10 rebounds in the 73-67 win over Kansas State on January 26th. He leads the team with 14.4 points per game. Areas of strength for Iowa State include: defensive rebounding percentage at 72.5 and effective field goal percentage at 52.4.
Iowa State StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. Oklahoma State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Iowa State in 38 wins since 1980.
- We win when it counts, too. Oklahoma State has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Iowa State (8 vs 2).
- Oklahoma State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.642 to 0.543).
- Markel Brown is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in points.
- Even computers respect Oklahoma State more. We have a better RPI this season than Iowa State (RPI: #21 vs #74).
- Oklahoma State has a better scoring defense (56.6 allowed per game vs 67.0 allowed per game) than Iowa State this season.
- Oklahoma State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Iowa State (5 vs 2).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Oklahoma State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Iowa State (5 vs 1).
- We just win. Oklahoma State has more wins over the last 5 years than Iowa State (107 vs 93).
- AP voters think more highly of Oklahoma State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Iowa State (63 vs 3).