VCU vs. Rhode Island: Full Game Preview
|VCU||T Graham 16.0||J Reddic 8.0||D Theus 4.8|
|Rhode Island||X Munford 17.4||N Malesevic 4.9||M Powell 3.3|
Rhode Island plays host to Virginia Commonwealth at Ryan Center on Wednesday. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST. The Rhode Island Rams are 1-1 against the Virginia Commonwealth Rams over the last four years. They fell 82-80 on 12/2/2009, the last time they met.
Virginia Commonwealth maintains 2nd place in the A-10 while Rhode Island sits at 15th place.
In spite of 14 points from Mike Powell, the Rhode Island Rams came up short 66-63 against Fordham on January 26th. He paces the team in assists per game with 3.3, and steals per game with 1.3. The Virginia Commonwealth Rams were defeated by La Salle 69-61 on January 26th despite 22 points and 10 rebounds from Juvonte Reddic. He averages 14.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 8.0 rebounds per game.
Comparing team stats, Virginia Commonwealth looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Virginia Commonwealth Rams have the upper hand over the Rhode Island Rams, 78 points per game to 61 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Virginia Commonwealth is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.0. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 14th in the nation.
Virginia Commonwealth StatSmack
- The Rhode Island basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Virginia Commonwealth (82% vs 56%).
- Xavier Munford is ranked 4th in the A-10 in points and 7th in the A-10 in three-pointers.
- The Rhode Island scoring leader (Xavier Munford) has more points than the Virginia Commonwealth scoring leader (Juvonte Reddic).
- The Rhode Island blocks leader (Jordan Hare) has more blocks than the Virginia Commonwealth blocks leader (Juvonte Reddic).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Rhode Island has a stronger schedule than Virginia Commonwealth this season (SOS Rank: #10 vs #36).
- Jordan Hare is ranked 3rd in the A-10 in blocks.
- Rhode Island is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Rhode Island is 77.4 inches compared to 75.9 inches for Virginia Commonwealth.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Rhode Island has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Virginia Commonwealth (3 vs 2).