Army vs. Holy Cross: Full Game Preview
|Army||E Ellis 16.6||D Cox 5.6||D Cox 3.2|
|Holy Cross||D Dudzinski 16.1||D Dudzinski 6.9||J Burrell 3.0|
Holy Cross plays host to Army at Hart Center on Wednesday. The game tips off at 7:00 EST. The Crusaders are 6-2 against the Black Knights over the last four years. The last time they met (2/22/2012) they won 82-51.
Army and Holy Cross share the 4th spot in the conference.
The Crusaders were defeated by Bucknell 65-58 on January 26th despite 26 points and 5 rebounds from Dave Dudzinski. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 16.1 points per game, 6.9 rebounds per game, and 1.1 blocks per game. For the Black Knights, Dylan Cox finished with 8 points and 6 rebounds in the 77-64 win over American University on January 26th. He puts up a team-leading 5.6 rebounds per game, 3.2 assists per game, and 0.8 steals per game.
- Even computers respect Holy Cross more. We have a better RPI this season than Army (RPI: #214 vs #287).
- The Holy Cross steals leader (Jordan Stevens) has more steals than the Army steals leader (Ella Ellis).
- Holy Cross takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Army (2 vs 0).
- Malcolm Miller is ranked 10th in the Patriot in blocks.
- Holy Cross embarrassed Army by 31 points the last time they played (Feb 22, 2012).
- The Holy Cross blocks leader (Dave Dudzinski) has more blocks than the Army blocks leader (Ella Ellis).
- Holy Cross is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Holy Cross is 204 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Army.
- It must sting. Holy Cross has blown out Army by 20 points or more on 12 occasions since 2001.
- Holy Cross is better at defending the three (29.1% allowed vs 35.7% allowed) than Army this season.
- Dave Dudzinski is ranked 4th in the Patriot in points, 3rd in the Patriot in rebounds, and 7th in the Patriot in blocks.
- Holy Cross has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (51.81% to 33.09%).