(11-11, 2-6 away)
(23) Minnesota 84
(16-5, 13-2 home)
Venue: Williams Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 29, 2013
||R Gallegos 30
||R Gallegos 4
||B Parker 6
||R Williams 23
||T Mbakwe 8
||A Hollins 5
On Tuesday, January 29th, Nebraska was blown out by No. 23 Minnesota 84-65 in conference play. The Cornhuskers remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. Ray Gallegos played brilliantly for the Cornhuskers and got a career-high 30 points, sinking 6 of 9 from three-point range. Shavon Shields had 10 points and added three rebounds. Rodney Williams finished with a season-high 23 points and five rebounds for the Golden Gophers. Nebraska (11-11, 2-7 Big Ten) hosts 11th-ranked Ohio State (16-4, 6-2 Big Ten) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Nebraska Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:55 left to go.
- Nebraska started 11-11 during the 2011, 2004, 2001, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, Nebraska played 37 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-29.
- When the opposition commits 6 or fewer turnovers this season, Nebraska has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 36 or more rebounds this season, Nebraska has lost 83% of the time (2-10).
- Nebraska set season lows for blocks and rebounds.
- Ray Gallegos recorded a team season high in points with 30 and field goals made with 12.
- Ray Gallegos accounted for 46.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ray Gallegos and Dylan Talley) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Ray Gallegos has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Ray Gallegos's career.
- Ray Gallegos had career highs with 30 points, 12 field goals made, and 6 three-pointers.
- Brandon Ubel has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Brandon Ubel.
Minnesota Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rodney Williams and Andre Hollins) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Rodney Williams has led the team in scoring 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Rodney Williams's career.