|Maryland||A Len 13.2||A Len 8.3||P Howard 4.5|
|Florida State||M Snaer 13.9||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
On Wednesday, Florida State welcomes Maryland at Donald L. Tucker Center. The game gets underway at 8:00 EST and it can be seen on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Seminoles defeated the Terrapins 65-62 on January 9th and are 3-3 against them over the past four years.
Maryland is in 7th place in the ACC and nipping at the heels of Florida State in 5th place.
In their last match-up, Ian Miller finished with 12 points in the Seminoles 71-47 loss against Miami (FL) on January 27th. He contributes 1.9 assists per game in addition to his 6.0 points per game. For the Terrapins, Dezmine Wells put up 13 points and 8 rebounds in the 84-64 loss to Duke on January 26th. He averages 11.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.9 steals per game. A key area of strength for Maryland is offensive rebounding percentage at 40.2, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 9th nationally).
- Florida State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Maryland ($15,415 vs $19,040).
- Maryland has to pay up to win. The coach for Florida State has a much lower base salary than Maryland ($1,550,000 vs $1,976,334).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Florida State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Maryland (9 vs 5).
- The Florida State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Maryland (73% vs 31%).
- Florida State is a better three-point shooting team (36.5% vs 32.6%) than Maryland this season.
- Okaro White is ranked 8th in the ACC in blocks.
- Boom! Florida State defeated Maryland by 3 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- You get an A for effort, but Florida State has emerged victorious against Maryland the last 2 times they've played.
- We just win. Florida State has more wins over the last 5 years than Maryland (125 vs 115).
- Florida State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Maryland ($29,953 vs $35,455).
- The Florida State three-point leader (Michael Snaer) has more three-pointers than the Maryland three-point leader (Logan Aronhalt).
|C-||T. Whisnant II||21||7||1||1||1||0||0|