Vanderbilt was edged by Tennessee 58-57 in conference play on Tuesday, January 29th. The Commodores were led by Sheldon Jeter, who put up eight points and seven rebounds. Josh Henderson got 13 points and added three rebounds. Jarnell Stokes registered a double-double for the Volunteers with a game-high 19 points and 11 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Vanderbilt (8-11, 2-5 SEC) gets Alabama (12-7, 4-2 SEC) at home on Saturday, February 2nd.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vandy beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Commodores have beaten the spread.
- The Commodores have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt has lost 21 close games.
- Vanderbilt has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 42.0% or better this season, Vanderbilt has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- The top two scorers (Kedren Johnson and Josh Henderson) accounted for 47.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sheldon Jeter and Kevin Bright) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (11).
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Tennessee won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Volunteers won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee has lost 26 close games.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 8th of his career.
- Josh Richardson recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Richardson set career highs with 10 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Kenny Hall set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.