(14-6, 3-4 away)
(16) Mississippi 74
(17-3, 11-1 home)
Venue: Tad Smith Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 29, 2013
||K Wiltjer 26
||K Wiltjer 7
||J Mays 4
||L White 22
||R Buckner 9
||J Summers 5
On Tuesday, January 29th, Kentucky earned an upset win over No. 16 Ole Miss 87-74 in conference play. The Wildcats now have a record of 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Wildcats got a career-high 26 points (7 Reb 3 Ast 3 Stl) from Kyle Wiltjer, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Archie Goodwin had 24 points and added six rebounds. Marshall Henderson got 21 points and five rebounds for the Rebels. Kentucky (14-6, 5-2 SEC) gets Texas A&M (12-7, 2-4 SEC) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Kentucky Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:05 left to go.
- The last time UK started the season 14-6 was 2005.
- UK beat the spread by 16.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, UK played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 29-16.
- The Wildcats have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 87 or more total points.
- Kentucky has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- UK has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.9% field goal percentage.
- UK has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) when opponents record 3 or fewer blocks.
- This season Kentucky has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Alex Poythress has 15 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Archie Goodwin has 6 field goals made or more, and 88% of the time (7-1) when Julius Mays has 4 assists or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for blocks.
- Our 13 blocks is the 3rd best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time UK recorded at least 13 blocks was Jan 17, 2012 against Arkansas.
- UK set a season low for turnovers.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- Kentucky has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Wildcats came back after being down at halftime.
- Nerlens Noel recorded a team season high in blocks with 12.
- Kyle Wiltjer tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 19 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Wiltjer and Archie Goodwin) accounted for 57.4% of the points.
- Kyle Wiltjer has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- Nerlens Noel has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Archie Goodwin's career.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Kyle Wiltjer's career.
- Kyle Wiltjer had career highs with 26 points and 10 field goals made.
- Julius Mays had a career high with 7 rebounds.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- Ole Miss lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (LaDarius White and Marshall Henderson) accounted for 58.1% of the points.
- Reginald Buckner has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of LaDarius White's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for LaDarius White.