Indiana State 68
(14-7, 5-6 away)
(15) Wichita State 55
(19-3, 13-1 home)
Venue: Charles Koch Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 29, 2013
||M Arop 17
||M Arop 6
||J Odum 4
||C Early 15
||C Early 11
||M Armstead 4
Entering the game as an 11-point favorite, No. 15 Wichita State lost in a stunner to Indiana State 68-55 in conference play. Cleanthony Early earned a double-double in the Shockers loss with a team-high 15 points and 11 rebounds. Fred Van Vleet scored nine points. For the Sycamores, Manny Arop got a game-high 17 points and six rebounds. Wichita State (19-3, 8-2 The Valley) takes on Northern Iowa (11-11, 4-6 The Valley) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Wichita State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:18 left to go.
- WSU set season lows for field goals made and field goal percentage.
- Wichita State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--WSU has a 15.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cleanthony Early and Demetric Williams) accounted for 52.7% of the points.
- Cleanthony Early accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Cleanthony Early has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- Cleanthony Early recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cleanthony Early has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Cleanthony Early recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
Indiana State Game Notes
- Manny Arop has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Manny Arop has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Gant set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
|B||Fred Van Vleet||16||9||1||2||0||0||1|