On Tuesday, Jan. 29, Illinois State took on Bradley and lost in front of the home crowd against the Braves 83-77 in conference play. The Redbirds got a team-high 16 points and six rebounds from John Wilkins. Tyler Brown also had a strong showing, scoring 13 points and adding eight rebounds. Walt Lemon Jr. got a career-high 27 points and five rebounds for the Braves. Illinois State (12-10, 3-7 The Valley) welcomes Southern Illinois (8-12, 1-8 The Valley) on Saturday, Feb. 2.
Illinois State Game Notes
- The last time IllSt started the season 12-10 was 1998.
- Illinois State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Illinois State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.9 percent or better this season, Illinois State has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- The Redbirds set season highs for three-pointers (13), three-point percentage (54.2), and turnovers (23).
- The last time IllSt recorded at least 23 turnovers was Feb 20, 2010 against Morehead State.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Redbirds opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (John Wilkins and Jackie Carmichael) accounted for 41.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyler Brown and Jackie Carmichael) accounted for 48.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jackie Carmichael has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- John Wilkins had a career high with four three-pointers.
- Tyler Brown had a career high with six assists.
Bradley Game Notes
- Walt Lemon Jr. recorded a team season high in points with 27 and field goals attempted with 16.
- Walt Lemon Jr. accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring 12 times in 22 games this season.
- Jake Eastman has led the team in rebounding four times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Walt Lemon Jr.'s career.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has five straight double-digit point games.
- Walt Lemon Jr. set career highs with 27 points and nine field goals made.