Bradley came out on top against Illinois State 83-77 in conference action on Tuesday, Jan. 29. Walt Lemon Jr. played brilliantly for the Braves and put up a career-high 27 points and five rebounds. Dyricus Simms-Edwards had 15 points and added six rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl). For the Redbirds, John Wilkins finished with a team-high 16 points and six rebounds. Next up for Bradley (13-9, 5-5 The Valley) is 21st-ranked Creighton (18-3, 7-2 The Valley) on Saturday, Feb. 2 on the road.
Bradley Game Notes
- Bradley started 13-9 during the 2008 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- BU beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Braves have beaten the spread.
- The Braves have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- Bradley has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.9 percent or better.
- BU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 31 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Bradley has won 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Tyshon Pickett has 15 points or more and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Will Egolf has five rebounds or more.
- The Braves set a season high for total points (83).
- BU set season lows for blocks (zero) and three-point percentage (12.5).
- This is the third win of the season where the Braves came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--BU has a 10.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Walt Lemon Jr. recorded a team season high in points with 27 and field goals attempted with 16.
- Walt Lemon Jr. accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 22 games this season.
- Jake Eastman has led the team in rebounding in four out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Walt Lemon Jr.'s career.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has five straight double-digit point games.
- Walt Lemon Jr. had career highs with 27 points and nine field goals made.
Illinois State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (John Wilkins and Jackie Carmichael) accounted for 41.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyler Brown and Jackie Carmichael) accounted for 48.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jackie Carmichael has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- John Wilkins set a career high with four three-pointers.
- Tyler Brown set a career high with six assists.