(19) NC State 55
(16-5, 4-4 away)
(15-5, 13-1 home)
Venue: John Paul Jones Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 29, 2013
||C Leslie 20
||C Leslie 14
||R Howell 6
||J Harris 22
||A Mitchell 12
||J Evans 7
Virginia pulled off a stunner over No. 19 NC State 58-55 in conference play on Tuesday, January 29th. Mike Tobey had an impressive game for the Cavaliers and put up 13 points and seven rebounds. Akil Mitchell played his way to a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Richard Howell registered a double-double for the Wolfpack on 12 points and 11 rebounds. Virginia (15-5, 5-2 ACC) heads to Georgia Tech (11-8, 1-6 ACC) on Sunday, February 3rd.
Virginia Game Notes
- The last time UVA started the season 15-5 was 1999.
- The win over NC State extended the Virginia winning streak to 4 games.
- Prior to this game, UVA played 29 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 7-22.
- The Cavaliers have won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after recording 33 or more rebounds.
- UVA has won 100% of the time this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.7% field goal percentage.
- UVA has won 92% of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- This season Virginia has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Akil Mitchell has 14 points or more and 73% of the time (8-3) when Joe Harris plays 34 minutes or more.
- The Cavaliers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Virginia has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Cavaliers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UVA has a 16.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Akil Mitchell recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- Joe Harris accounted for 37.9% of the team's points.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 36.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 20 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 20 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Akil Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 8th of his career.
- Akil Mitchell had a career high with 11 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Joe Harris's career.
NC State Game Notes
- The Wolfpack have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, NC State has lost 22 close games.
- C.J. Leslie accounted for 36.3% of the team's points.
- C.J. Leslie accounted for 36.8% of the team's rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Richard Howell recorded the 38th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 8 straight games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 26th of his career.
- Richard Howell set a career high with 6 assists.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of C.J. Leslie's career.
- C.J. Leslie has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 17th of his career.