Georgia Tech 60
(11-8, 0-6 away)
(12-8, 10-3 home)
Venue: Littlejohn Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 29, 2013
||D Miller 16
||M Udofia 8
||M Georges-Hunt 3
||K McDaniels 15
||M Jennings 9
||R Hall 4
On Tuesday, January 29th, Clemson took on Georgia Tech and got by the Yellow Jackets 63-60 in ACC play. K.J. McDaniels led the Tigers and put up a team-high 15 points plus five rebounds. Devin Booker had eight points and added six rebounds. For the Yellow Jackets, Marcus Georges-Hunt finished with 11 points and seven rebounds. Clemson (12-8, 4-4 ACC) gets Boston College (9-11, 1-6 ACC) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Clemson Game Notes
- Clemson started 12-8 during the 2002, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Tigers have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Clemson has won 23 close games.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 45.6% or better.
- The Tigers have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 12 or more assists.
- Clemson has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer assists.
- Clemson has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 26.7% three-point percentage.
- This season Clemson has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Milton Jennings has 4 field goals made or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when K.J. McDaniels has 4 free throws made or more, and 90% of the time (9-1) when Rod Hall has 4 assists or more.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Clemson has a 13.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Milton Jennings and Devin Booker) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- K.J. McDaniels has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- Rod Hall had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- K.J. McDaniels has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Milton Jennings.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The Yellow Jackets have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia Tech has lost 34 close games.
- The top two scorers (Daniel Miller and Kammeon Holsey) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mfon Udofia and Marcus Georges-Hunt) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Daniel Miller set career highs with 16 points and 8 field goals made.
- Mfon Udofia set career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
|-||S. Poole, Jr.||6||0||1||1||1||0||1|