On Tuesday, January 29th, Georgia Tech took on Clemson and lost a close one to the Tigers 63-60 in conference play. The Yellow Jackets got 11 points and seven rebounds from Marcus Georges-Hunt. Daniel Miller had a career-high 16 points and added four rebounds. For the Tigers, K.J. McDaniels got a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. Georgia Tech (11-8, 1-6 ACC) gets Virginia (15-5, 5-2 ACC) on their home court on Sunday, February 3rd.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The last time GT started the season 11-8 was 2002.
- GT beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Yellow Jackets have beaten the spread.
- The Yellow Jackets have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia Tech has lost 34 close games.
- Georgia Tech has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Georgia Tech has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.6% or better this season, Georgia Tech has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 63 or more total points this season, Georgia Tech has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- GT set a season low for blocks.
- The top two scorers (Daniel Miller and Kammeon Holsey) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mfon Udofia and Marcus Georges-Hunt) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Daniel Miller had career highs with 16 points and 8 field goals made.
- Mfon Udofia had career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
Clemson Game Notes
- Clemson won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Clemson has lost 32 close games.
- The top two rebounders (Milton Jennings and Devin Booker) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- K.J. McDaniels has led the team in scoring 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Milton Jennings has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 20 games this season.
- Rod Hall set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- K.J. McDaniels has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Milton Jennings.