North Carolina 82
(14-6, 4-4 away)
Boston College 70
(9-11, 7-7 home)
Venue: Silvio O. Conte Forum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 29, 2013
||J Michael McAdoo 17
||J Michael McAdoo 10
||M Paige 6
||O Hanlan 22
||R Anderson 7
||O Hanlan 3
North Carolina got a road win against Boston College 82-70 in ACC action on Tuesday, January 29th. It was all North Carolina from the beginning and they led 48-33 at the half. The Tar Heels were led by P.J. Hairston, who got 14 points on 80% shooting in 12 minutes. James Michael McAdoo got a double-double with a team-high 17 points and 10 rebounds. For the Eagles, Olivier Hanlan got a game-high 22 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when North Carolina (14-6, 4-3 ACC) welcomes Virginia Tech (11-8, 2-4 ACC).
North Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:06 left to go.
- North Carolina started 14-6 during the 2005, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- UNC beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Tar Heels have beaten the spread.
- North Carolina has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.4% or better.
- The Tar Heels have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 20 or more assists.
- UNC has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 35.0% three-point percentage.
- UNC has won 75% of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record 25 or fewer field goals made.
- This season North Carolina has won 100% of the time (7-0) when James Michael McAdoo has 17 points or more, 89% of the time (8-1) when Dexter Strickland has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Marcus Paige has 6 assists or more.
- The Tar Heels set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time UNC had a three-point percentage of 53.8% or higher was Jan 29, 2012 against Georgia Tech.
- UNC set season lows for steals and turnovers.
- North Carolina has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two rebounders (James Michael McAdoo and Reggie Bullock) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- James Michael McAdoo has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 15 times in 20 games this season.
- James Michael McAdoo recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- James Michael McAdoo has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- James Michael McAdoo recorded a double-double. It was the 7th of his career.
- Reggie Bullock had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- P.J. Hairston has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Boston College Game Notes
- Boston College lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Eagles losing streak to 5 games.
- Eddie Odio recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- Olivier Hanlan accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Anderson and Eddie Odio) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Olivier Hanlan has led the team in scoring 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Olivier Hanlan's career.
- Olivier Hanlan has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson has 11 straight double-digit point games.
|C-||Andrew Van Nest||14||3||2||0||0||0||1|