North Carolina 82
(14-6, 4-4 away)
Boston College 70
(9-11, 7-7 home)
Venue: Silvio O. Conte Forum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 29, 2013
||J Michael McAdoo 17
||J Michael McAdoo 10
||M Paige 6
||O Hanlan 22
||R Anderson 7
||O Hanlan 3
Boston College faced off with North Carolina on Tuesday, January 29th and took a home loss to the Tar Heels 82-70 in conference play. By halftime, Boston College was already out of it, with the score 48-33. The team struggled in the second half as well and North Carolina maintained the big win. Olivier Hanlan put up a game-high 22 points and six rebounds in a losing effort. Ryan Anderson had 16 points and added seven rebounds. P.J. Hairston got 14 points on 80% shooting for the Tar Heels. Boston College (9-11, 1-6 ACC) gets Clemson (12-8, 4-4 ACC) at home on Saturday, February 2nd.
Boston College Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:06 left to go.
- The last time BC started the season 9-11 was 1999.
- Boston College has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 26 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 82 or more total points this season, Boston College has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Boston College has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.4% or better this season, Boston College has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Eagles set a season high for blocks.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--BC has a 1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Eddie Odio recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- Olivier Hanlan accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Anderson and Eddie Odio) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Olivier Hanlan has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Olivier Hanlan's career.
- Olivier Hanlan has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson has 11 straight double-digit point games.
North Carolina Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (James Michael McAdoo and Reggie Bullock) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- James Michael McAdoo has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 15 times in 20 games this season.
- James Michael McAdoo recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- James Michael McAdoo has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- James Michael McAdoo recorded a double-double. It was the 7th of his career.
- Reggie Bullock set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- P.J. Hairston has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|C-||Andrew Van Nest||14||3||2||0||0||0||1|