Milwaukee vs. Loyola (IL): Full Game Preview
|Milwaukee||P Gulley 15.2||D Harris 5.3||J Aaron 4.1|
|Loyola (IL)||B Averkamp 15.2||B Averkamp 6.5||C Payne 4.4|
On Wednesday, Loyola (Chicago) hosts Milwaukee at Joseph J. Gentile Arena. The game gets underway at 8:00 EST. The Ramblers are 2-7 against the Panthers over the last four years. They fell 78-69 on 2/25/2012, the last time they met.
Milwaukee is in 9th place in the conference and just behind 7th place Loyola (Chicago) with a chance to catch up.
In spite of 18 points and 11 rebounds from Christian Thomas, the Ramblers came up short 75-63 against Detroit on January 26th. While contributing 6.0 rebounds per game, he also scores 9.2 points per game. For the Panthers, Jordan Aaron finished with 20 points and 6 rebounds in the 74-54 loss to Green Bay on January 25th. With 4.1 assists per game and 1.3 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- We make our fans proud. Loyola has a better record at home than Milwaukee this season (5-0 vs 4-2).
- The Loyola blocks leader (Ben Averkamp) has more blocks than the Milwaukee blocks leader (Demetrius Harris).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Loyola has come back to win after being down at half against Milwaukee 3 times since 1998.
- Loyola players are more experienced than Milwaukee players (9,264 minutes played vs 8,656 minutes played).
- Loyola is a better shooting team (43.4% vs 37.8%) than Milwaukee this season.
- Loyola is a better three-point shooting team (36.7% vs 29.3%) than Milwaukee this season.
- It's only wins and losses, but Loyola has a better overall record than Milwaukee this season (9-3 vs 4-10).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 962) than Milwaukee, per the NCAA.
- The Loyola basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Milwaukee (75% vs 60%).