|UC Santa Barbara||A Williams 17.4||A Williams 9.9||N Garth 4.2|
|Long Beach State||J Ennis 17.0||J Ennis 6.9||M Caffey 4.5|
Long Beach State plays host to UC-Santa Barbara at The Walter Pyramid on Wednesday. The game gets underway at 11:59 EST and it can be seen on ESPN News. The 49ers defeated the Gauchos 77-70 on January 5th and are 8-4 against them over the past four years.
UC-Santa Barbara is in 8th place in the Big West and Long Beach State is in 1st place.
In an 81-59 dismantling of UC Irvine on January 26th, James Ennis put up 17 points for the 49ers. With 17.0 points per game, 6.9 rebounds per game, and 1.7 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. The Gauchos were defeated by Hawaii 78-73 on January 26th despite 15 points and 6 rebounds from Taran Brown. He contributes 5.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.8 points per game.
UC-Santa Barbara StatSmack
- Long Beach State has a better conference record than UC-Santa Barbara this season (7-1 vs 3-5).
- Long Beach State has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (32% vs 48%).
- Long Beach State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than UC-Santa Barbara ($17,468 vs $25,920).
- The Long Beach State steals leader (James Ennis) has more steals than the UC-Santa Barbara steals leader (Taran Brown).
- Dan Jennings is ranked 6th in the Big West in blocks.
- Long Beach State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than UC-Santa Barbara ($28,628 vs $46,999).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Long Beach State has come back to win after being down at half against UC-Santa Barbara 9 times since 1996.
- James Ennis is ranked 5th in the Big West in points, 6th in the Big West in steals, and 3rd in the Big West in blocks.
- It's only wins and losses, but Long Beach State has a better overall record than UC-Santa Barbara this season (11-8 vs 7-12).
- Long Beach State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (60.00% to 56.64%).