|Texas||S McClellan 14.8||J Holmes 7.1||J Felix 5.9|
|Kansas State||R McGruder 15.3||T Gipson 5.5||A Rodriguez 4.9|
On Wednesday, No. 18 Kansas State hosts Texas at Bramlage Coliseum. The game tips off at 8:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN 2. The Wildcats are 4-2 against the Longhorns over the last four years. They fell 75-64 on 2/11/2012, the last time they met.
Kansas State is in 3rd place in the conference, Texas is in 9th place.
The Wildcats were defeated by Iowa State 73-67 on January 26th despite 15 points from Will Spradling. He tallies 8.5 points per game and also adds 3.2 assists per game. For the Longhorns, Ioannis Papapetrou put up 15 points and 5 assists in the 73-57 blowout of Texas Tech on January 26th. He is averaging 7.4 points and 4.4 rebounds per game.
- Even computers respect Kansas State more. We have a better RPI this season than Texas (RPI: #65 vs #108).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Kansas State is superior to Texas (Latest AP Poll: #25 vs Not Ranked).
- Thomas Gipson is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- Kansas State allows fewer rebounds (32.3 allowed per game vs 36.7 allowed per game) than Texas this season.
- Rodney McGruder is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in points.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Kansas State has come back to win after being down at half against Texas 3 times since 2003.
- Kansas State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.709 to 0.678).
- Kansas State players are more experienced than Texas players (12,488 minutes played vs 5,629 minutes played).
- Kansas State is better under pressure, and has defeated Texas in 6 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.