|Georgia State||R Hunter 16.0||M Atkins 6.2||D White 3.5|
|Northeastern||J Smith 16.6||R Spencer 6.2||J Lee 4.4|
On Wednesday, Northeastern welcomes Georgia State at Matthews Arena. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Huskies are 5-3 against the Panthers over the last four years. They fell 61-59 on 2/8/2012, the last time they met.
Northeastern is in 1st place in the conference, Georgia State is in 5th place.
In a 71-51 beatdown of George Mason on January 27th, Joel Smith put up 15 points and 6 rebounds for the Huskies. With 16.6 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Panthers, Manny Atkins put up 15 points and 10 rebounds in the 68-57 loss to Drexel on January 26th. He averages 13.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.2 rebounds per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Georgia State is strong in turnover percentage at 18.5. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 81st in the nation.
Georgia State StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. Northeastern has an average margin of victory of 11 over Georgia State in 9 wins since 2005.
- The Northeastern three-point leader (Joel Smith) has more three-pointers than the Georgia State three-point leader (R.J. Hunter).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Northeastern has a stronger schedule than Georgia State this season (SOS Rank: #156 vs #165).
- The Northeastern rebounding leader (Quincy Ford) has more rebounds than the Georgia State rebounding leader (Manny Atkins).
- Joel Smith is ranked 6th in the CAA in points, 1st in the CAA in three-pointers, and 8th in the CAA in assists.
- Northeastern has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.529 to 0.428).
- Even computers respect Northeastern more. We have a better RPI this season than Georgia State (RPI: #212 vs #246).
- People just expect us to beat you. Northeastern has been the favorite 11 out of the last 14 times.
- The Northeastern basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgia State (56% vs 36%).