|Indiana||C Zeller 16.0||C Zeller 8.1||K Ferrell 4.6|
|Purdue||T Johnson 13.5||A Hammons 6.3||R Johnson 3.6|
On Wednesday, No. 3 Indiana heads to Mackey Arena to take on Purdue. The game tips off at 8:30 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Hoosiers are 2-5 against the Boilermakers over the last four years. The last time they met (3/4/2012) they won 85-74.
Purdue is in 6th place in the conference and Indiana is in 1st place.
The 21 points and 7 rebounds by Victor Oladipo helped the Hoosiers to a 75-70 victory over Michigan State on January 27th. He is averaging 13.9 points per game while also contributing a team-high 2.5 steals per game. For the Boilermakers, Terone Johnson finished with 17 points and 12 rebounds in the 65-62 win over Iowa on January 27th. His 13.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
In terms of team stats, Indiana has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Hoosiers have an edge over the Boilermakers, 83 points per game to 66 points per game.
- The Indiana scoring leader (Cody Zeller) has more points than the Purdue scoring leader (Terone Johnson).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Indiana has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Purdue (19 vs 5).
- Be afraid. Indiana has blown out more teams than Purdue this season (12 blowouts vs 4).
- Indiana is a better shooting team (50.0% vs 42.0%) than Purdue this season.
- Indiana players are more experienced than Purdue players (15,819 minutes played vs 9,300 minutes played).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Indiana has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Purdue (11 vs 3).
- Indiana is a better three-point shooting team (41.9% vs 31.4%) than Purdue this season.
- Indiana has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Purdue (#43 vs #54).
- The Indiana steals leader (Victor Oladipo) has more steals than the Purdue steals leader (Ronnie Johnson).
- Victor Oladipo is ranked 14th nationally in steals.
- How does our back look? Indiana is ranked higher than Purdue in the Big Ten (#1 vs #6).