Southern Methodist vs. Marshall: Full Game Preview
|Southern Methodist||J Jones 14.9||J Jones 8.1||N Russell 4.2|
|Marshall||D Kane 15.0||D Tinnon 8.8||D Kane 7.1|
On Wednesday, Marshall plays host to Southern Methodist at Cam Henderson Center. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Thundering Herd are 5-0 against the Mustangs over the last four years. They won 74-56 on 3/7/2012 the last time they played.
Southern Methodist is in 10th place in the conference and Marshall is in 7th place.
In their last game, DeAndre Kane put up 22 points and 5 rebounds in the Thundering Herd 73-72 loss to Memphis on January 26th. He contributes a team-leading 15.0 points per game, 7.1 assists per game, and 1.8 steals per game. For the Mustangs, Ryan Manuel put up 17 points and 6 rebounds in the 74-65 loss to UCF on January 26th. He is averaging 11.8 points and 4.1 rebounds per game.
Southern Methodist StatSmack
- The Marshall three-point leader (D.D. Scarver) has more three-pointers than the Southern Methodist three-point leader (Shawn Williams).
- Marshall embarrassed Southern Methodist by 18 points the last time they played (Mar 07, 2012).
- Marshall players are more experienced than Southern Methodist players (10,043 minutes played vs 7,873 minutes played).
- DeAndre Kane is ranked 33rd nationally in assists.
- D.D. Scarver is ranked 1st in C-USA in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Marshall has a stronger schedule than Southern Methodist this season (SOS Rank: #95 vs #186).
- Dennis Tinnon is ranked 49th nationally in rebounds.
- Marshall is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Marshall is 78.5 inches compared to 76.9 inches for Southern Methodist.
- The Marshall assist leader (DeAndre Kane) has more assists than the Southern Methodist assist leader (Nick Russell).
- Marshall can actually jump, with more rebounds (39.7 per game vs 33.2 per game) than Southern Methodist this season.
|D+||K. Dunleavy Jr.||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|