Georgia State vs. Northeastern: Full Game Preview
|Georgia State||R Hunter 16.0||M Atkins 6.2||D White 3.5|
|Northeastern||J Smith 16.6||R Spencer 6.2||J Lee 4.4|
Georgia State visits Matthews Arena on Wednesday to take on Northeastern. It gets started at 7:00 EST. The Panthers are 3-5 against the Huskies over the last four years. The last time they met (2/8/2012) they won 61-59.
Georgia State is in 5th place in the conference, Northeastern is in 1st place.
The Panthers fell 68-57 to Drexel on January 26th. Manny Atkins finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds in the loss. He is averaging 13.9 points per game while also contributing a team-high 6.2 rebounds per game. For the Huskies, Quincy Ford finished with 15 points and 7 rebounds in the 71-51 blowout of George Mason on January 27th. He contributes 6.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 13.3 points per game.
- Manny Atkins is ranked 9th in the CAA in points, 10th in the CAA in rebounds, 4th in the CAA in three-pointers, and 4th in the CAA in steals.
- The Georgia State steals leader (Devonta White) has more steals than the Northeastern steals leader (David Walker).
- R.J. Hunter is ranked 4th in the CAA in points, 3rd in the CAA in three-pointers, and 4th in the CAA in steals.
- Georgia State is better under pressure, and has defeated Northeastern in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Georgia State rebounding leader (Manny Atkins) has more rebounds than the Northeastern rebounding leader (Reggie Spencer).
- The Georgia State assist leader (Devonta White) has more assists than the Northeastern assist leader (Joel Smith).
- The Georgia State scoring leader (R.J. Hunter) has more points than the Northeastern scoring leader (Joel Smith).
- Georgia State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (48.64% to 44.69%).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Georgia State has come back to win after being down at half against Northeastern 3 times since 2006.
- The Georgia State blocks leader (James Vincent) has more blocks than the Northeastern blocks leader (Reggie Spencer).