|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 16.3||B Waldow 5.6||M Dellavedova 6.9|
|San Francisco||C Dickerson 14.2||C Dickerson 9.8||C Doolin 5.6|
Saint Mary's heads to War Memorial Gymnasium on Wednesday to take on San Francisco. Tip-off is at 10:00 EST and it can be seen on CSN-CA. The Gaels beat the Dons 78-72 on January 12th and are 10-0 against them over the last four years.
San Francisco is in 7th place in the West Coast and Saint Mary's is in 2nd place.
In an 84-72 triumph over Pepperdine on January 26th, Beau Levesque put up 19 points and 5 rebounds for the Gaels. While contributing 4.5 rebounds per game, he also scores 10.6 points per game. For the Dons, Cody Doolin finished with 7 points and 5 rebounds in the 66-52 loss to Gonzaga on January 26th. He leads the team in assists with 5.6 per game and steals with 1.7 per game.
Saint Mary's has a statistical advantage over San Francisco in one significant category, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Dons, 78 points per game to 68 points per game.
San Francisco StatSmack
- Saint Mary's is better under pressure, and has defeated San Francisco in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We just win. Saint Mary's has more wins over the last 5 years than San Francisco (150 vs 81).
- Matthew Dellavedova is ranked 5th in the West Coast in points, 2nd in the West Coast in three-pointers, and 7th nationally in assists.
- Saint Mary's has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (79.62% to 47.65%).
- Be afraid. Saint Mary's has blown out more teams than San Francisco this season (6 blowouts vs 1).
- How does our back look? Saint Mary's is ranked higher than San Francisco in the West Coast (#2 vs #7).
- Saint Mary's is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Saint Mary's is 215 lbs compared to 201 lbs for San Francisco.
- The Saint Mary's basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than San Francisco (69% vs 50%).
- Even computers respect Saint Mary's more. We have a better RPI this season than San Francisco (RPI: #64 vs #141).
- You get an A for effort, but Saint Mary's has emerged victorious against San Francisco the last 15 times they've played.
- The Saint Mary's assist leader (Matthew Dellavedova) has more assists than the San Francisco assist leader (Cody Doolin).
|C+||J. Walker III||25||8||4||1||1||0||1|