Dayton vs. Xavier: Full Game Preview
|Dayton||K Dillard 14.9||D Oliver 8.6||K Dillard 4.8|
|Xavier||S Christon 14.9||T Taylor 8.0||S Christon 4.7|
On Wednesday, Dayton travels to Cintas Center to take on Xavier. It gets started at 9:00 EST and you can see it on CBSSN. The Flyers are 4-7 against the Musketeers over the last four years. They fell 70-69 on 3/9/2012, the last time they met.
Dayton is currently in 10th place in the conference and Xavier is in 2nd.
In a 72-56 beatdown of Duquesne on January 26th, Josh Benson put up 17 points and 8 rebounds for the Flyers. He tallies 10.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.9 blocks per game. For the Musketeers, Justin Martin finished with 8 points and 5 rebounds in the 59-49 loss to St. Joseph's (PA) on January 26th. He is averaging 8.2 points and 4.9 rebounds per game.
- Dayton has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Xavier (#40 vs #67).
- Dayton is a better three-point shooting team (38.5% vs 33.6%) than Xavier this season.
- The Dayton scoring leader (Kevin Dillard) has more points than the Xavier scoring leader (Semaj Christon).
- At least you keep showing up. Dayton has an average margin of victory of 7 over Xavier in 22 wins since 1980.
- The Dayton rebounding leader (Devin Oliver) has more rebounds than the Xavier rebounding leader (Travis Taylor).
- The Dayton blocks leader (Josh Benson) has more blocks than the Xavier blocks leader (Travis Taylor).
- Dayton has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Xavier (#110 vs #207).
- The Dayton assist leader (Kevin Dillard) has more assists than the Xavier assist leader (Semaj Christon).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Dayton currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 965) than Xavier, per the NCAA.