|Fresno State||T Johnson 11.9||K Foster 6.4||A Huddleston 1.8|
|Air Force||M Lyons 18.2||M Lyons 4.6||T Fletcher 3.8|
On Wednesday, Air Force plays host to Fresno State at Clune Arena. It gets started at 9:00 EST. The Falcons have not played the Bulldogs since the 2001-02 season, when they lost 68-52.
Air Force is currently in 3rd place in the Mountain West and Fresno State is in 9th.
The 16 points and 9 rebounds by Taylor Broekhuis helped the Falcons to a 57-48 victory over Wyoming on January 26th. He is averaging 9.7 points per game while also contributing a team-high 1.1 blocks per game. For the Bulldogs, Tyler Johnson finished with 23 points in the 74-63 loss to Colorado State on January 26th. He leads the team with 11.9 points per game.
Air Force has an advantage in three key statistical areas. With the edge in assists (16 per game to nine per game), the Falcons should find themselves in a good position on offense. Air Force also has an advantage in scoring, 73 points per game to 60 points per game. Finally, the Falcons have the upper hand in field goal percentage as well, 48% to 39%.
Fresno State StatSmack
- Air Force players are more experienced than Fresno State players (13,437 minutes played vs 11,962 minutes played).
- The Air Force basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Fresno State (91% vs 29%).
- Air Force takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Fresno State (2 vs 0).
- Air Force is a better shooting team (48.3% vs 39.9%) than Fresno State this season.
- Air Force allows fewer rebounds (32.1 allowed per game vs 35.8 allowed per game) than Fresno State this season.
- We make our fans proud. Air Force has a better record at home than Fresno State this season (8-1 vs 4-6).
- Michael Lyons is ranked 3rd in the Mountain West in points and 7th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. Air Force has an average margin of victory of 13 over Fresno State in 4 wins since 1980.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Air Force currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (947 to 926) than Fresno State, per the NCAA.
- Even computers respect Air Force more. We have a better RPI this season than Fresno State (RPI: #74 vs #156).
|C||Jerry Brown Jr||28||6||5||1||1||1||1|