Memphis vs. East Carolina: Full Game Preview
|Memphis||J Jackson 13.9||D Stephens 6.6||J Jackson 4.5|
|East Carolina||M Kemp 17.3||R Sampson 9.2||M Paul 6.0|
On Wednesday, Memphis visits Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum to take on East Carolina. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Tigers defeated the Pirates 67-54 on January 9th and are 7-1 against them over the past four years.
East Carolina is in 6th place in the conference and Memphis is in 1st place.
In a 73-72 triumph over Marshall on January 26th, Joe Jackson put up 16 points and 5 assists for the Tigers. On top of his scoring average of 13.9 points per game, he delivers 4.5 assists per game. For the Pirates, Miguel Paul put up 20 points in the 68-67 loss to Texas-El Paso on January 26th. With 6.0 assists per game and 1.8 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. East Carolina ranks 1st in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.4, which also places them 31st in the country.
East Carolina StatSmack
- We're a talent magnet. Since 1998 Memphis has recruited more Top 10 high school players than East Carolina (5 vs 0).
- It's only wins and losses, but Memphis has a better overall record than East Carolina this season (16-3 vs 12-7).
- Memphis is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Memphis is 212 lbs compared to 202 lbs for East Carolina.
- The Memphis steals leader (Joe Jackson) has more steals than the East Carolina steals leader (Maurice Kemp).
- We just win. Memphis has more wins over the last 5 years than East Carolina (162 vs 79).
- Boom! Memphis crushed East Carolina by 13 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- Memphis has a better scoring defense (63.2 allowed per game vs 70.7 allowed per game) than East Carolina this season.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Memphis has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than East Carolina (13 vs 0).
- Chris Crawford is ranked 7th in C-USA in steals.
- Memphis allows fewer rebounds (31.5 allowed per game vs 37.9 allowed per game) than East Carolina this season.
- It must sting. Memphis has blown out East Carolina by 20 points or more on 7 occasions since 2002.