Texas A&M vs. Mississippi State: Full Game Preview
|Texas A&M||E Turner 15.7||K Roberson 6.4||A Caruso 3.1|
|Mississippi State||F Thomas 11.1||G Ware 6.9||T Bloodman 2.7|
On Wednesday, Mississippi State plays host to Texas A&M at Humphrey Coliseum. Tip-off occurs at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on CSS or ESPN3.com. The Bulldogs defeated the Aggies 69-60 the last time they met (11/17/2011).
Texas A&M and Mississippi State share the 7th spot in the conference.
The Bulldogs were defeated by Florida 82-47 on January 26th despite 19 points and 7 steals from Fred Thomas. With 11.1 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Aggies, Elston Turner finished with 19 points in the 59-52 loss to Georgia on January 26th. His 15.7 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Texas A&M StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Mississippi State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 933) than Texas A&M, per the NCAA.
- Colin Borchert is ranked 9th in the SEC in blocks.
- Gavin Ware is ranked 10th in the SEC in rebounds.
- Craig Sword is ranked 5th in the SEC in steals.
- The Mississippi State blocks leader (Colin Borchert) has more blocks than the Texas A&M blocks leader (Kourtney Roberson).
- Mississippi State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (62.38% to 52.43%).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Mississippi State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Texas A&M (8 vs 3).
- Mississippi State beat Texas A&M by 9 points the last time they played (Nov 17, 2011).
- The Mississippi State rebounding leader (Gavin Ware) has more rebounds than the Texas A&M rebounding leader (Kourtney Roberson).