|Miami||D Scott 14.3||R Johnson 9.1||S Larkin 4.1|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.2||C Raines 6.6||E Green 4.3|
Virginia Tech plays host to No. 14 Miami (FL) at Cassell Coliseum on Wednesday. It takes place at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on RSN/ESPN3.com. The Hokies are 4-3 against the Hurricanes over the last four years. They fell 65-49 on 2/9/2012, the last time they met.
Virginia Tech is in 10th place in the conference, Miami (FL) is in 1st place.
The Hokies were defeated by Clemson 77-70 on January 27th despite 25 points and 5 assists from Erick Green. He contributes team-best marks with 25.2 points per game, 4.3 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game. For the Hurricanes, Julian Gamble finished with 7 points and 6 rebounds in the 71-47 blowout of Florida State on January 27th. He is averaging 6.5 points and 5.0 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, Miami (FL) performs well in turnover percentage at 16.6. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 13th in the country.
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- Virginia Tech has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Miami (#55 vs #84).
- Virginia Tech has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Miami (#38 vs #58).
- The Virginia Tech rebounding leader (Jarell Eddie) has more rebounds than the Miami rebounding leader (Kenny Kadji).
- Virginia Tech has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($16,828 vs $50,148).
- Virginia Tech has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($30,017 vs $50,148).
- At least you keep showing up. Virginia Tech has an average margin of victory of 11 over Miami in 10 wins since 2000.
- Virginia Tech has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.585 to 0.564).
- Virginia Tech has a more potent offense, scoring more points (77.1 per game vs 69.4 per game) than Miami this season.
- Erick Green is ranked 3rd nationally in points, 4th in the ACC in assists, and 6th in the ACC in steals.
|D+||J. van Zegeren||16||4||3||0||0||1||1|