|Texas||S McClellan 14.8||J Holmes 7.1||J Felix 5.9|
|Kansas State||R McGruder 15.3||T Gipson 5.5||A Rodriguez 4.9|
On Wednesday, Texas travels to Bramlage Coliseum to take on No. 18 Kansas State. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Longhorns are 2-4 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They won 75-64 on 2/11/2012 the last time they played.
Texas is in 9th place in the conference, Kansas State is in 3rd place.
In their last outing, behind 18 points from Julien Lewis, the Longhorns blew out Texas Tech 73-57 on January 26th. He is averaging 11.8 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. For the Wildcats, Angel Rodriguez finished with 9 points and 6 assists in the 73-67 loss to Iowa State on January 26th. With 4.9 assists per game and 1.4 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which Kansas State is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 39.4, ranking 1st in their conference (and 13th nationally).
Kansas State StatSmack
- Diaper Dandies love us. Texas has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Kansas State (14 vs 4).
- Texas takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Kansas State (10 vs 4).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Texas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Kansas State (19 vs 3).
- People just expect us to beat you. Texas has been the favorite 14 out of the last 18 times.
- The Texas scoring leader (Sheldon McClellan) has more points than the Kansas State scoring leader (Rodney McGruder).
- Texas is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Texas is 77.0 inches compared to 76.0 inches for Kansas State.
- Texas does a better job contesting shots (33.7% allowed vs 38.4% allowed) than Kansas State this season.
- Texas has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.698 to 0.566).
- AP voters think more highly of Texas and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Kansas State (150 vs 48).
- Julien Lewis is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 10th in the Big 12 in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Texas has an average margin of victory of 13 over Kansas State in 10 wins since 1982.